New to the neighborhood?
Know your Area
Bryn Mawr is divided up into seven Areas. If you are new to the neighborhood, a great way to begin to get oriented is to contact your Area Representative to receive a Welcome Packet. “Not sure which Area you live in? Click here for map of the seven Areas of Bryn Mawr.
There are many ways to meet your neighbors and stay connected with life here in this great neighborhood:
- The Bryn Mawr Bugle – the Bugle is published every month except January and delivered free to your door by volunteers. You can read the Minutes from the latest Bryn Mawr Neighborhood Association (BMNA) meeting and learn about news that impacts life in Bryn Mawr.
- Neighbor Notices – you can sign up to receive emails sent out by our Neighborhood Coordinator on time-sensitive issues affecting the neighborhood. To request to be added to our newsletter and notices, please contact email@example.com.
- Nextdoor Bryn Mawr – join this lively online community of Bryn Mawr neighbors. If you appreciate the benefits of social media, you will enjoy participating in this group.
- Become a BMNA Member – Join one of the strongest and most dynamic neighborhood organizations in the Twin Cities. There are numerous volunteer opportunities available for the engaged neighbor, or simply attend the BMNA monthly Board meetings to meet some of our most active volunteers.
- Join the Bryn Mawr Tots playgroup. Contact Brian at Brian@briantreece.com for more information.
Bryn Mawr holds a number of neighborhood events each year. Visit our Events page to learn more about these opportunities to meet your neighbors.
Schools and Kids
We are fortunate to have both an elementary and a middle school located right here in Bryn Mawr. Visit our Schools page to learn more about our two neighborhood schools. Additionally, Bryn Mawr Meadows in Area 3 offers ball fields, tennis courts, a playground and a wading pool. Bassett’s Creek Park in Area 7 and the Tot Lot in Area 1 are perfect for younger kids.
There is access to an excellent public bus service with a number of convenient stops located throughout Bryn Mawr. Light rail transit can be accessed through various stops downtown Minneapolis, but we are hoping to have our own station right here in Bryn Mawr. Click here to read more.
Shopping and Groceries
Bryn Mawr has a number of small businesses offering goods and services and we encourage new neighbors to buy Bryn Mawr whenever possible. A growing number of neighbors are taking advantage of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), a way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer, and there is a network of drop-offs throughout the neighborhood. In addition to our own Bryn Mawr Market, there are numerous grocery stores, all a short drive away. Popular options are Costco and Cub Foods in St. Louis Park’s West End; the Wedge Community Co-op on Lyndale; Kowalski’s in Uptown; and Lunds & Byerlys on Hennepin Avenue in downtown Minneapolis; We also have a great farmers market located off East Lyndale Avenue.
If you love to walk, run, bike, canoe, cross-country ski or snowshoe, you have just moved into the perfect neighborhood! Bryn Mawr residents have easy access year-round to numerous parks and lakes (visit our Parks page for more information). We also have various wellness businesses located in “downtown Bryn Mawr”. Local fitness centers include Life Time Fitness in St. Louis Park, the YMCA and YWCA in downtown Minneapolis.