Join us … We cordially invite you to join (or renew) your membership in the Bryn Mawr Neighborhood Association (BMNA). Membership is the most important step toward having a voice in your neighborhood. Joining the BMNA is free but contributions are encouraged since it does cost money to run the organization. Click here to join or renew your membership. Membership runs from January 1st through December 31st and continues until withdrawal or ineligibility. The BMNA consists of the following elected volunteer Board members: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, NRP Chair, and Representatives from the seven areas of Bryn Mawr. We encourage you to attend monthly meetings, to volunteer to serve on the Board, or to become a block club leader. Please note that you must be a member of the BMNA in order to vote for Board members and Area Representatives at the annual meeting in May.
Volunteer … The BMNA is recognized as one of the strongest neighborhood groups in the Twin Cities. What makes it strong and makes Bryn Mawr such a great place to live is the corps of volunteers who give time and energy that benefits everyone in the neighborhood. Service on the BMNA Board or one of its committees is one option. Participation in intermittent activities such as public garden tending, buckthorn removal, Bassett’s Creek improvement projects, trash pick up along the freeway ramps, or helping with social events are some other options. Volunteering is fun, a good way to meet neighbors and make new friends, and the most grassroots level way of participating in the social/political process that improves the quality of life for all. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact your Area Representative.
Provide support … Your membership, contributions and volunteer activities support the following:
- Bryn Mawr Bugle newspaper and bmna.org (the neighborhood website)
- Our Neighborhood Coordinator
- Downtown beautification and neighborhood gardening projects
- Rain gardens and solar projects
- Representation/advocacy on important planning efforts including Bassett Creek Valley, Southwest LRT, Minneapolis schools and parks
- Neighborhood events such as:
- Bassett’s Creek Restoration Spring, Summer, and Fall
- Festival of Garage Sales 1st Weekend in May
- Annual Meeting/Potluck Dinner 2nd Wednesday in May
- Garden Tour 2nd weekend in July (held on even years)
- Ice Cream Social Mid-Late July
- National Night Out 1st Tuesday in August
- Harvest Potluck Dinner Late Fall
- Saturnalia Winter Festival Saturday evening in December
The information you provide is used to assemble voting eligibility records and volunteer lists.
Kevin Thompson, President