The Bryn Mawr Neighborhood Association (BMNA) is seeking a webmaster to fill the role of editor and publisher of the neighborhood website. This will be a contracted position.
1. Gather and maintain website content such as information on neighborhood events, items of importance to the neighborhood, the neighborhood calendar, the online version of the monthly neighborhood newspaper (the Bugle), committee web pages, the association directory, and official meeting agendas, minutes, and notices.
2. Coordinate with the Bugle editor, the BMNA board and committees, and the neighborhood coordinator to keep the website current and attractive to increase traffic and information availability.
3. Construct and manage online surveys.
4. Solicit advertising.
5. Maintain the neighborhood’s presences on Facebook, the Nextdoor Bryn Mawr web site, mailing lists, and other social media sites.
6. Work with the Communications Committee to oversee a complete redesign of the current web site by a professional Web design outfit.
Qualifications. The ideal candidate will be:
1. Well-versed in web technologies including content management systems—e.g. Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla,
2. Familiar with HTML and associated Internet technologies such as Internet mail transmission and DNS,
3. Experienced or capable in graphic design,
4. A proficient writer,
5. Capable in project management.
The webmaster will provide update reports to the Board monthly.
A Bryn Mawr resident is preferred but not required.
Work space and meeting space will be provided.
Contract value will be in the range of $600-$800/mo depending upon capabilities and monthly hours needed. Time commitment will be in the 30-40 hours/mo range.
Please send information regarding your interest and qualifications to the BMNA Communications Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23.
Click on the image to read the current edition
Bugle Highlights ...
2015 membership drive in progress - join & donate now