Annual Meeting and Board Elections
November 11 @ 7:00 pm
Become part of the BMNA Board! Duties include:
- Attend monthly board meetings from 7:00 PM – 8:45 PM on the second Wednesday of the month.
- Attend neighborhood events (Harvest Dinner, Saturnalia, Annual Meeting, Ice Cream Social etc.)
- Attend important neighborhood meetings, i.e. light rail, safety, neighborhood revitalization meetings
- Pass out welcome packets to new neighbors
- Assist in the annual membership drive by encouraging your neighbors to join the BMNA
- Identify the concerns of the residents of your area and bring these to the Board of Directors.
- Communicate and act as liaison with residents of your area
Taking applications for our November election now. Attend our September or October meeting online to get a better feel for what the Board does, watch an archived meeting on our website, or contact your Area rep and talk with them about it. More than one rep can be elected for each area. Joining the Board and working with someone already elected in your Area as a co-rep is a great way to learn the job. President, Secretary, and Representatives for Areas 2, 4, and 6 (see the map at the back of the Bugle) are all up for re-election and we are accepting additional nominations. Terms are for 2 years. Other ways to get involved include volunteering at events, delivering the Bugle, or joining a committee (Schools, Garden, Traffic and Safety, Communications, Racial Justice). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.